If you are planning to sell your home in the Seattle area, you want to make sure it looks its best in the photos that will attract potential buyers. A good real estate photographer can help you showcase your home’s features and highlight its strengths. But before the photographer arrives, there are some things you can do to prepare your home for a successful photo shoot. Here are some tips to help you get ready.
– Declutter and depersonalize. Remove any unnecessary or distracting items from your home, such as papers, magazines, toys, clothes, etc. You want to create a clean and spacious look that allows buyers to imagine themselves living in your home. Also, remove any personal items that might reveal your identity or preferences, such as family photos, religious symbols, political signs, etc. You want to appeal to a wide range of buyers and avoid any potential biases.
– Clean and polish. Make sure your home is spotless and shiny, especially in the kitchen and bathrooms. Wipe down all surfaces, appliances, fixtures, mirrors, windows, etc. Vacuum and mop the floors, dust the furniture, fluff the pillows, make the beds, etc. You want to create a fresh and inviting look that shows your home is well-maintained and cared for.
– Turn off all the lights in your home, including lamps, ceiling fans, closet lights, etc. Our Taku photographers bring exterior lights with us, so we can evenly illuminate all the spaces we photograph. This is what differentiates us from most other real estate photographers. We rely on our expertise and the craftsmanship of exterior lighting photography.
– Open all the curtains and blinds to let in as much natural light as possible. Avoid any dark or gloomy areas that might make your home look smaller or less appealing.
– Add some touches of color and warmth. While you want to keep your home neutral and simple, you can also add some pops of color and warmth to make it more attractive and welcoming. For example, you can place some fresh flowers or plants in strategic places, such as the entryway, dining table, kitchen counter, etc. You can also add some colorful pillows or throws to your sofa or bed, or some candles or artwork to your mantel or shelves. You want to create a cozy and comfortable look that shows your home’s personality and charm.
– Check the exterior and curb appeal. Don’t forget to pay attention to the outside of your home as well. Make sure your lawn is mowed and trimmed, your plants are watered and pruned, your walkway is swept and clear of debris, etc. You want to create a neat and tidy look that shows your home’s curb appeal and makes a good first impression. Also, remove any cars or trash cans from your driveway or street, and hide any hoses or tools that might be lying around.
By following these tips, you can prepare your home for a successful real estate photo shoot that will showcase its best features and attract more buyers. If you need professional real estate photography services in Washington, let Taku showcase your house. We are a team of experienced photographers who can capture your home’s beauty and value with stunning photos, videos, drone shots and Matterport tours. We offer fast turnaround times and competitive prices. Contact us today to book your appointment!